Soap and cleaning supplies may be scarce these days, but no worries–make your own foaming hand soap! Today, I’m excited to share the recipe that we use to make our own foaming hand soap in just five minutes or so. You’ll only need a few ingredients and the best part is you will be using your favorite essential oils for a hand soap that is unique!
First let’s gather our supplies and get going!
What you need to make your own foaming hand soap
- Foaming Hand Soap Dispenser
- 2 Tablespoons Castile Soap
- 1 teaspoon Carrier Oil (I like using fractionated coconut oil for this)
- 10-20 drops Essential Oils
I’ve loved essential oils since my oldest, now 18, was a baby. We use oils in our home for everything! As you probably know, essential oils are awesome–but spendy!
They can add up really quickly, which is why I’ve started using Sixth Sense oils. You can purchase individual oils or their monthly subscription box.
Their monthly subscription boxes are specially curated to feature six different oils each month. Also included in the box is a card with uses for each oil, PLUS diffuser blends you can diffuse with the oils in the box.
I love this service so much! If you want to try it out, make sure to use the code: ALICIA10 for $10 off your first box!
Directions for making your own foaming hand soap
- Fill your containers with distilled water. Amounts will vary depending on the size of your container. Fill to about 1″ shy of the top.
- Add Castile soap and Carrier oil.
- Decide on the oil blend you’d like to use. We love woodsy smells for winter and fall and citrus in the kitchen–and we usually choose a different smell each time we make it!
- Add 10-20 drops of essential oils.
- Give it a little shake, add the lid and you’re done!
Other ideas for a clean home:
- Cleaning Supplies to Make Cleaning Fun
- How Chores Save my Sanity!!
- 6 Ways to Keep Your Home Cleaner
- 7 Easy Things That Will Make Your Home Sparkle
- How To Be Amazing At Home Management
Get the 6 Secrets to a Simpler Mom Life