There’s nothing more refreshing than sitting down with a really smart friend and picking her brain. That’s what I just did with my friend Jen Pepito about home management. Jen is a master at home management, and she has to be as a mom to seven and a business owner.
In this episode of the podcast we’re talking about all things home management: What really falls under that umbrella? Where to start if you’re just feeling swamped. Little things you can do to get your kids on board.
I love talking to Jen because she always reminds me to circle in and reminds me of the most important things: our families, what our kids will remember, if we’re remembering to pause, take it all in, not let it pass us by.
Learning Well LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links from Amazon or other programs are used on this website. For more info, please refer to our disclosure statement.
Thanks, Jen, for always being so wise!
I think you’re going to get so many good ideas and inspiration in today’s episode! Listen in below.
Get the 6 Secrets to a Simpler Mom Life
How to be Amazing at Home Management: an interview with Jen Pepito
Not only is Jen managing her home like a rockstar, she’s writing the most amazing curriculum too. We have used her Peaceful Preschool curriculum in our home, as well as the Playful Pioneers–loved that one too!
She’s just released a brand new course that I cannot wait to check out…The Kind Kingdom. Click below to check out a sample.
Episode 29 Timestamps
- 3:59 – What Falls Under Home Management for You?
- 6:14 – What are Some of Your Biggest Priorities in Home Management?
- 8:46 – What is Your Day to Day Routine to Keep the Chaos Away?
- 11:50 – Start with Small Change
- 13:14 – Teaching Children Skills at Home
- 15:28 – How to Incorporate this with Little Ones
- 17:15 – Tips for the Overwhelmed Mom
- 27:07 – Bonus Tip for the Overwhelmed Mom
- 32:00 – Simple Steps on Where to Start
- 35:26 – Currently List
Links from the Home Management Episode
- How to Have a Clean Home with Little Kids with Liz Quick
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World by Cal Newport
- Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focus Life in a Noisy World by Cal Newport
Every episode of the podcast includes a Currently List: something I’m reading or enjoying or looking forward to. Basically, anything bringing me joy that week. Here’s my currently list for episode 29.
- Loving: Testing Recipes from Europe
- Reading: Here, Now: Unearthing Peace and Presence in an Overconnected World by Kate Merrick
- Traveling: To England
- Listening To: Rain on the Windows
- Smelling: Bread Rising
- Shopping For: New Appliances