There’s nothing more refreshing than sitting down with a really smart friend and picking her brain. That’s what I just did with my friend Jen Pepito about home management. Jen is a master at home management, and she has to be as a mom to seven and a business owner.
In this episode of the podcast we’re talking about all things home management: What really falls under that umbrella? Where to start if you’re just feeling swamped. Little things you can do to get your kids on board.
I love talking to Jen because she always reminds me to circle in and reminds me of the most important things: our families, what our kids will remember, if we’re remembering to pause, take it all in, not let it pass us by.
Thanks, Jen, for always being so wise!
I think you’re going to get so many good ideas and inspiration in today’s episode! Listen in below.
How to be Amazing at Home Management: an interview with Jen Pepito
Not only is Jen managing her home like a rockstar, she’s writing the most amazing curriculum too. We have used her Peaceful Preschool curriculum in our home, as well as the Playful Pioneers–loved that one too!
Get the 6 Secrets to a Simpler Mom Life
She’s just released a brand new course that I cannot wait to check out…The Kind Kingdom. Click below to check out a sample.
Episode 29 Timestamps
- 3:59 – What Falls Under Home Management for You?
- 6:14 – What are Some of Your Biggest Priorities in Home Management?
- 8:46 – What is Your Day to Day Routine to Keep the Chaos Away?
- 11:50 – Start with Small Change
- 13:14 – Teaching Children Skills at Home
- 15:28 – How to Incorporate this with Little Ones
- 17:15 – Tips for the Overwhelmed Mom
- 27:07 – Bonus Tip for the Overwhelmed Mom
- 32:00 – Simple Steps on Where to Start
- 35:26 – Currently List
Links from the Home Management Episode
- How to Have a Clean Home with Little Kids with Liz Quick
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World by Cal Newport
- Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focus Life in a Noisy World by Cal Newport
Every episode of the podcast includes a Currently List: something I’m reading or enjoying or looking forward to. Basically, anything bringing me joy that week. Here’s my currently list for episode 29.
- Loving: Testing Recipes from Europe
- Reading: Here, Now: Unearthing Peace and Presence in an Overconnected World by Kate Merrick
- Traveling: To England
- Listening To: Rain on the Windows
- Smelling: Bread Rising
- Shopping For: New Appliances