31 THINGS TO DO IN MAY
There’s much more than 31 things to do in May, but we’re going to start there, ok? I love creating these lists for you and I love to imagine you checking a few things off this list–making memories with your sweet kiddos.
Here’s my list of 31 things to do in May. Things for you, Mama. Things to celebrate and things to read. I hope you’ll pick a few things and have a blast this month!
31 Things to Do in May
- Make May Day baskets and fill with goodies and deliver to neighbors. We love to hang them on the doorknob, ring the bell and run like crazy!
- Go on a picnic on the first sunny day in May!
- Use watercolors to paint flowers
- Read Mary Poppins and
- Make a kite!
- Read The Secret Garden and watch the movie
- Read Miss Rumphius and plant seeds just like in the book
Celebrate Holidays + Special Days in May
8. May 4th is Star Wars day! Try a Star Wars chalk art lesson found in the Chalk Pastel Membership Club.
Learning Well LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links from Amazon or other programs are used on this website. For more info, please refer to our disclosure statement.
9. Take part in a local Memorial Day parade
Get the 6 Secrets to a Simpler Mom Life
10. Visit a cemetery and bring flowers to some of the graves
11. It’s Mother’s Day! Have an at-home spa day with your kids.
12. Honor Veterans and military people on Armed Forces Day. Visit a museum, write letters, etc.
13. Celebrate Cinco Di Mayo–paint some beautiful Mexican flowers
Things to Learn about in May
14. Study the life of poet, Walt Whitman whose birthday is May 31st
15. Learn about bees and honey
16. Visit a local farm
17. Listen to musical pieces by Johannes Brahms, his birthday is May 7th
18. Learn more about the life of Harriet Tubman.
Things to do Outdoors
19. Plant a tree
20. Clean out the sandbox and add more sand
21. Teach kids a new skill: window washing! Let the gorgeous spring sun in!
22. Go to a flower nursery and buy flowers for pots
23. Plant a garden
Things for Mama to do in May
24. Get a pedicure!
25. Clean out your bra drawer
26. Celebrate Cinco di Mayo–have a margarita!
27. Order new bathing suits for the kids and yourself.
Get ready for summer!
28. Gather goodies for a Summer Basket for the last day of school!
29. Write out a Summer Bucket List
30. Create a Summer Reading List–for yourself and the kids!
YOU ALSO MIGHT LIKE: