Today I get to talk with one of my favorite people, Julie Bogart, and her brand new book, The Brave Learner. In this episode, we’re talking about creating an enchanting home–the whole plot behind being a brave learner–and why it’s so important to create that magic at home.
The Brave Learner is written as a guidebook for homeschool families, but this episode is for every mom that wants to create enchantment for her child. I was not homeschooled as a child, but my mom was definitely one who created all kinds of imaginative fun for us.
In the episode, Julie and I will cover what it takes to create an enchanting home, the magic of an open art table, making amazing memories with your kids, what that looks like when you have middle-schoolers and teens, and more.
Learning Well LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links from Amazon or other programs are used on this website. For more info, please refer to our disclosure statement.
Timestamps for Episode 19:
- 11:14 – Four Components of Enchantment
- 20:52 – Julie’s Art Table Inspiration
- 31:00 – Older kids and enchantment
- 37:28 – What enchantment looked like when Julie’s kids were young
- 53:35 – Main Takeaways
Julie’s Currently List
- Watching: The Good Place
- Loving: Houseplants & Original Artwork
- Reading: Seven at Sea by Erik & Emily Orton
Alicia’s Currently List
- Excited About: Friends + Wallpaper!
- Feeling: Sore from a new workout!
- Planning: A new history unit
Get Your Copy of The Braver Learner
How to Find Julie:
- Brave Writer Facebook Page
- BraveSchoolers Facebook Group
- The Homeschool Alliance
- Brave Writer Website
More Posts About Brave Write and Creating Enchantment:
- What is an Enchanted Education?
- Creating Fairy Gardens + Imagination
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Road Trip
- Our Brave Writer Lifestyle Routine
- Creating May Day Baskets Your Kids Will Remember Forever
- How We Use Brave Writer’s Arrow + Boomerang Guides
Get the 6 Secrets to a Simpler Mom Life