Summer is coming! And if you’re like us, every big change of season requires updating the kids’ wardrobes. Sounds like a big investment, but I’ve been doing some searching and it is TOTALLY possible to create an inexpensive wardrobe for kids.
In this post I’m sharing a complete list that you’ll need to QUICKLY create an inexpensive wardrobe for kids–everything from shoes to swimsuits to necessary accessories. (ie: their own umbrella so you don’t have to share ;))
Create an Inexpensive Wardrobe for Kids this Spring and Summer
I love choosing clothing for my kids that can mix and match with many things. It helps my kids to look pretty put together, even when the five-year-old dresses herself. 😉
This list covers all the different types of weather in spring and summer, including the shoes they need too. Best of all EVERYTHING on this list is very affordable. You can totally stock your kids for this season (all from Amazon–have it in two days!) without spending much money.
This would also be a great travel packing list for your kids too.
Wardrobe Essentials for Kids in Spring and Summer:
- Graphic Dino Dress (With Pockets!) // I love a good cotton dress for my girls. They can add a pair of leggings on a chilly spring day too. Looks perfect with any of the shoes from the list too.
- Adorable Umbrella // Every mother knows what it’s like trying to bend down to get under the umbrella that your darling insists on holding. OR the alternative, getting soaked while said darling carries the umbrella. Get them their own and solve that!
- Go-With-Everything Short 2 pack // These packs are PERFECT because they go with everything!
- Cotton Tee and Short Set // I love this set because it coordinates but it can also mix and match with the other items on the list.
- Waterproof Jacket for Boys or Girls // This is a must at all ages. Great for boys and girls.
- Classic Rain Boots // Our favorite rain boots are the Western Chief brand. They hold up way better than the Target brand and you can pass them down to younger kids.
- Cute Pajama Sets // I love getting my kids winter pj’s at Christmas time and summer pj’s in May.
- Quick-Drying Swim Trunks // Perfect for all ages.
- Pom Trimmed Two-Piece Swimsuit // I loved this fancy little suit.
- Whimsical Linen Party Dress // The linen is great for spring and summer!
- Rainbow Crewneck Sweatshirt // How cute (and cheap!) is this sweatshirt!? Would look great on chilly days with shorts.
- Keen All-Terrain Sandals // My kids always have a pair of Keens. They’re perfect for hiking, biking, running around town, or going to the park. Waterproof too!
- Leather Salt Water Sandals // I LOVE these for my girls! They’re SO good! I pass them down to Vera and then to other friends and family with smaller kids.
- French Terry Knit Shorts // Adorable girl shorts pack that goes with everything.
- Essential Short Sleeve Tees // Another pack of tee’s that will go with everything!
- Comfy Cotton Pajama Sets // I loved this pj set–perfect for warmer nights.
You Might Also Be Interested In
- Last Day of School: Summer Basket
- Handmade Giving: Fort Kits for Kids
- Sewing Spring Shorts
- May: A Favorites Post
- 31 Things To Do In May
Get the 6 Secrets to a Simpler Mom Life