We have all the excuses. Our home is too small, too messy, too unfinished. But opening our homes and having friends and family over is where memories are made! There’s been SO many times where I don’t want to stop the normal flow, get ready for company, and entertain–but I’m always happy when I do.
I have a joke with my kids–“We’re not awesome at some things, but we are AWESOME at doing a Shakedown for guests!”
And we really are pretty awesome at working against a timer, pulling together, and getting our home ready for company.
Learning Well LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links from Amazon or other programs are used on this website. For more info, please refer to our disclosure statement.
In this episode of Over at Alicia’s I shared step-by-step how you can get ready for company too–in just 30 or so minutes. (We call it the Miracle Hour/Power Hour just because it sounds cool, but it usually takes much less than an hour!)
Read on, listen on, and get your home ready for company!
Get the 6 Secrets to a Simpler Mom Life
How to Get Ready for Company–fast!
- Set a Timer for Thirty Minutes – go full speed! Don’t look at your phone, don’t get a snack, just focus on cleaning.
- Get a Trash Bag + Laundry Basket – collect items as you go room to room.
- Start in the Kitchen – everyone tends to gather in the kitchen, so having that clean always makes everything else seem clean. Make sure to empty the dishwasher so dirty dishes can go right in, declutter the counters tops, and wipe down all the surfaces.
- Go Room by Room – grab you garbage bag and laundry basket to go room by room. Fluff pillows, fold blankets, and tidy everything up. Use the laundry basket as a holding spot to take stuff back to their right spots.
- Clean the Bathroom – empty the trash, wipe down the sink and toilet, light a candle, and it’s all ready to go.
- Vacuum the Main Areas – if you have time do a quick vacuum of your main areas of the house.
- Set the Atmosphere – light some candles, dim the lights, turn on lamps, turn on your favorite music playlist, and take a few seconds to relax before your guests arrive.
Gather for Good from Raddish Kids
Don’t forget to grab your gather for good guide and host a get together with friends! Raddish is donating $1 to Habitat for Humanity for every download.
- Listening: Someone Knows Something
- Playing: Sumoku
- Feeling: I need to recommit myself to a morning routine!
Don’t forget to head over to the Learning Well Community shop to use the coupon code: ATALICIAS for 25% off!
- Follow on Instagram my personal feed: @overatalicias
- OR the homeschool feed: @learningwell
- Leave a review on iTunes here! Thanks so much!
You Might Also Like:
- How to Create a Home You’ll Never Want to Leave
- How to Create a Cozy Home You’ll Love: 107 Easy Ways
- A Day Changing Evening Routine
- 103 Things to do When You Need a Substitute Homeschool Teacher