Creating a capsule wardrobe has been life-changing for me. Creating a summer capsule wardrobe for moms when getting dressed in the morning should be super simple–even MORE life-changing!
A summer capsule wardrobe can almost completely eliminate decision fatigue. Who needs more brain space??!! Yes, please! Standing in front of a packed-full closet with “nothing” to wear is the worst and take so much time.
The whole idea of a capsule wardrobe is that everything in your capsule should be loved and coordinate with each other nicely. You can grab anything out of your closet and be excited to put it on.
I created a summer capsule wardrobe for moms so we can all stop standing in front of our closets with nothing to wear and go have more fun with our kiddos this summer!
A Summer Capsule Wardrobe for Moms
Here’s the thing about each piece in this capsule wardrobe:
- They can ALL mix and match and play nice together 🙂
- They’re ALL comfortable and flattering
- And they’re all affordable. I’ve had the best luck with Amazon fashions over the last several months, so that’s where I looked for these pieces.
Capsule Wardrobe Pieces:
- One Shoulder Ruffle Swimsuit // Swimsuit shopping is the worst! Four pregnancies does not make this event very fun. BUT this suit is perfect for moms! Slight rushing on the side is super flattering. Full booty coverage and the one-shoulder makes it extra feminine and pretty. Comes in lots of colors.
- Sleek Jersey Crewneck Tunic // These t’s are SO soft and comfortable! They’re long so you can tie in a knot in front or tuck in. PAIR WITH: Wear these with the pants or shorts in the capsule!
- Cropped Linen Pants // These are SO comfortable and cute. The perfect “I’m not trying too hard, but I look really cute” pants. Pair with: the white button down shirt OR the t’s. Wear with the slides or the white sneakers.
- High Waisted Shorts // These are great for covering up any “tummy issues” and they look super put-together, but they’re still comfortable. PAIR WITH: T’s, white shirt, or any shoe option
- Wear Anywhere Maxi Dress // I LOVE this dress! It’s insanely soft and comes in lots of colors. ALSO! It has pockets! So cute!
- Ankle Strap Espadrille Sandals // I’m probably in the minority here, but I think flip-flops look really sloppy. (Don’t hurt me for saying so!!) A strappy pair of sandals are a better option for looking more put-together. I love these! Save the flops for the pool!
- Button Accent Dress (with pockets!) // Ok, how cute is this to just throw on!? Pair with: the tennies or either sandal
- Chic Summer Jammies // I just bought these–SO soft! Proper jammies make me sleep better–I don’t know why. But these are the perfect summer option.
- Classic White Chucks // Absolutely love these. I wore this pair all over Europe and they coordinate with everything!
- Go-With-Everything Flat Sandals // And so do these! Perfect for sliding on and running errands.
- Denim Step-Hem Shorts // Every mama needs a good pair of denim shorts. I love the step-hem on these and I love that you can bend over and not show the world what underwear you’re wearing. Pair with: Any of the t’s or white button down shirt.
- Paper Bag Waist Pants // These are for if you want to dress up a bit more. Just like the paper bag shorts, but the pants version. Adorable!
- Everyday V-Neck Tees // I LOVE these t’s! Great quality and super soft. Great in length too.
- Elevated Basic Button Down Top // This is perfect for everything. Throw it on with the linen pants, shorts put over a dress, tie it up, leave it open. SO versatile!
Happy Summer, mama!
I hope this list gives you some good ideas for creating a summer capsule wardrobe so you can have more time to do other things this summer–like road trips and pool time!
Get the 6 Secrets to a Simpler Mom Life