6 Tough Tips That Will Make Your Life Better
Self care can mean a lot of things, but the most common tips we hear are about running a bath and lighting a candle. While that is a good way to take extra good care of ourselves, that’s not what this episode is about.
What I like to do on the podcast is pretend I’m sitting down with you–my friend–and talking about our day, our struggles, our victories, and our plans. That said, sometimes conversations with friends are tough. They’re not always easy to hear–especially when we really need to hear something.
The tips I’m laying out in this episode are for me, just as much as for you. To really focus on self care, we need to cut some things out, focus on things that really matter, be disciplined about what we know we need to do.
Learning Well LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links from Amazon or other programs are used on this website. For more info, please refer to our disclosure statement.
That’s real self care.
Timestamps: Tough Love for Self Care
- 2:25 – Let’s cut the crap
- 4:59 – Why it’s so important
- 6:30 – Tip Number 1 (Stop hanging around toxic people)
- 7:47 – Tip Number 2 (Stop being a slave to your kids)
- 9:54 – Tip Number 3 (Stop filling your calendar with stuff you don’t really care about)
- 14:18 – Tip Number 4 (Stop with the self-help books)
- 16:28 – Tip Number 5 (Stop comparing yourself on social media)
- 19:01 – Tip Number 6 (Stop saying you can’t)
- 24:17 – Currently List
Links from the Episode
- Boundaries by Henry Cloud
- Watching: Tidying Up with Marie Kondo
- Getting Ready To: “Marie Kondo” the Girls Room
- Loving: Les Mills Body Pump
You Also Might Like:
- 15 Must Haves to Get Prepared (and Excited) for Winter
- A Day in the Life of Homeschool Mama Liz
- Honest Talk: How to Protect Your Kids from Pornography + How to Talk About It
- How to Help Your High Schooler Succeed with ACT Prep
Get the 6 Secrets to a Simpler Mom Life