Honest Talk: How to Protect Your Kids From Pornography + How to Talk About It
I recently interviewed Greta Eskridge about something she is passionate about: putting systems into place to protect kids against pornography and how to talk to them about it. Selfishly, I asked her onto the show because this is a topic that I find hard to talk to my kids about–where does a parent even begin?
On the difficult topics, it can be tempting to skim over them, not teaching the hard lessons that are hard to talk about. Who wants to have a discussion about pornography with their teen guys? Not me! But after my conversation with Greta, I felt so much more confident about talking with my kids about pornography. Since gleaning Greta’s tips and wisdom, my husband and I have been able to naturally converse with our kids about this topic without feeling awkward or weird.
This is a must-listen for all parents out there! Keep scrolling to listen to the conversation and check out all the resources Greta provides.
Learning Well LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links from Amazon or other programs are used on this website. For more info, please refer to our disclosure statement.
How to Protect Kids From Pornography: Timestamps
- 5:17 – Greta’s journey with speaking out about pornography started here
- 22:15 – Rules of the home for protecting kids from pornography
- 29:14 – Tips for opening conversations with kids
- 39:35 – Advice for parents whose kids have been exposed to pornography
- 45:46 – What has surprised you about speaking out about pornography?
- 49:15 – Main Takeaways: be informed, be open, be prepared
“It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.”– Frederick Douglass
- Fight the New Drug
- Good Pictures Bad Pictures Jr.: A Simple Plan to Protect Young Minds
- Good Pictures Bad Pictures: Porn-Proofing Today’s Young Kids
How to Find Greta
- Follow Greta On Instagram
- 3 Reasons Why Parents Don’t Want to Tak to Their Kids About Pornography and 3 Reasons They Should
- Understanding the Dangers of Pornography – Protecting Our Children from Pornography Part 1
- Radical Parenting – Protecting Our Children from Pornography Part 2
- Give Them Something Better! Protecting Our Children from Pornography Part 3
- Excited For – Trip to Greece & Turkey with Her Dad
- Watching – Escape to the Continent
- Eating – Anything Lime!
- Loving – The Bible Project
- Reading – Not So Happily Ever
After:The Tale of King LudwigII
- Surviving On – Coffee & Slippers
Listen to more podcast episodes
Get the 6 Secrets to a Simpler Mom Life
We can never guarantee anything when it comes to social media or the use of internet, It is best that we try to put limits of how they can use them. Thanks for the tips as well.