If you’re like me, you’re constantly searching for fun things that will entertain your kids while teaching them something in the meantime. This is why I LOVE podcasts for kids! We’ve found some really great ones lately and my friends have great suggestions too, so I decided to compile the list into one handy post for you.
Below you’ll find podcasts for kids on history, music, science and more! There are many of these that I absolutely love listening to with my kids too! Have fun finding a few more favorites and adding them to your queue!
Podcasts for Kids Your Whole Family Will Love!
- Greeking Out || This podcast is produced by National Geographic for Kids. We found it recently and have listened to many of the episodes. Each episode covers a Greek myth–they’re so well done and highly entertaining! Perfect for a Greek Study.
Learning Well LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links from Amazon or other programs are used on this website. For more info, please refer to our disclosure statement.
2. Real Cool History for Kids || This podcast is created by Angela O’dell, who many may know from Masterbooks curriculum. If your kids love history, I think they’ll like this one! It covers lots of different historical events in really interesting ways. It is also told with a Christian perspective.
Recently, Real Cool History for Kids has been doing a series on abandoned places, which has been SO fun!
Get the 6 Secrets to a Simpler Mom Life
3. Brains On! || If your kids love science, they will probably love this one! It covers a whole bunch of science topics and also crosses over to current events from a science perspective.
4. StoryNory || This podcast is perfect for gentle story telling for young kids. Nothing scary or too much stimulation. Great for before bedtime actually! StoryNory covers myths, folktales, and more.
5. Julie’s Library || This is a newer podcast that I’m so excited about! Julie–as in THEEEE Julie Andrews and her daughter are sharing their favorite children’s books. It’s so well done and of course, listening to Julie Andrews’ voice is just so soothing!
6. Grim Grimmer Grimmest || Grimm, Grimmer, Grimmest is a wildly enchanting fairy tale podcast featuring Adam Gidwitz, bestselling author of “A Tale Dark and Grimm.” Weaving in and out of a classroom of witty grade-schoolers and a world full of curious creatures and mischievous foes, each episode features a Grimm fairy tale retold with a surprising flourish. Listen as kids anticipate plot twists and question the logic of these very Grimm tales!
We heard about this one from my friend Cait and Vera has been binging these episodes for days!!! She’s been so quiet, it’s amazing!!
More Awesome Podcasts for Kids (and their parents!)
7. Bird Notes || If you have a nature lover in your house, this is for you! OR you may not be the most nature-y mom and need a little help. Bird Notes is actually a podcast for adults, but it’s great for any bird lover. The episodes are short and packed with info on lots of different types of birds.
8. Classics for Kids || For your music-loving kids, Classics for Kids is so perfect! They will typically cover one composer for one month–one episode per week. The podcast includes lots of info about the composer’s life and their music too. We love this one!
9. Short + Curly || This is a new one for us, but comes highly recommended from friends! Here is how their site explains their show:
SHORT & CURLY is a fast-paced fun-filled ethics podcast for kids and their parents, with questions and ideas to really get you thinking. It asks curly questions about animals, technology, school, pop culture and the future.
Thanks to our two fabulous hosts, there’s lots of time for silliness too. We are also helped out by resident ethicist Matt Beard from The Ethics Centre, a brains-trust of school children and some special high-profile guests like sporting stars and famous musicians.
SHORT & CURLY is especially designed to be listened to alone or as a family, with questions to think about and time to discuss it together.
10. By Kids For Kids Bible Stories OR Bible Project || I love having some podcasts in the queue for my kids that retell bible stories. The first one listed is more geared towards younger kids and tell bible stories with lots of great reader’s theater.
The Bible Project podcast is geared towards older kids. It covers the books of the bible and many other biblical topics. We love their videos as well!
11. Forever Ago || Another fun history podcast is Forever Ago. Each episode features one familiar item–like sandwiches–and explores the origins of that item. Really fun and packed with history!
12. The Daily Poem || Lastly, this podcast is just what you’d think it is: one poem every single day. The poem is read and then the narrator goes over a bit of the background of the poem. It’s just a few minutes long and a really great way to start your day.
Happy Listening and Learning!
I hope this list gets you started on listening and learning this summer (or anytime of year!)
More Ways To Make Learning Fun:
- 16 Insanely Awesome Deals That Will Help Your Kids Learn
- 45 of the Best Picture Books for Studying Ancient History
- How to Plan a Simple Bee Unit Study for Your Kids
- 102 Interesting Things to Explore In Your Morning Meeting
- How To Homeschool When You Hate Science Curriculum
- 16 Things You Want for Your Homeschool