They say trying to keep your house clean with little kids is like shoveling while it’s still snowing. That’s kind of true, but we don’t want to end up on the next episode of Hoarders either. 😉 Let me show you have you can have a clean home while you still have little kids in your house. On this episode of the podcast, I’m chatting with Liz Quick, homeschool mama of four little ones.
Liz is known on Instagram as someone who has cleaning her home down to an art form. She has a regular cleaning routine, she involves her kids, and she makes it doable for everyone.
In our conversation we talk about specific jobs your kids can do at different ages. We talk about routines and starting to set up your own cleaning systems. If you’re struggling to know where to begin, we address that too. And we even hit on the all-demanding question of: laundry!
Liz has just released a brand new course as well! And she’s offering a discount for Over at Alicia’s listeners! Keep scrolling to the end of this post for the information.
Clean Home w/ Liz Quick Timestamps:
- 5:30 – A Family Effort
- 8:07 – Setting Up Systems Early
- 16:02 – Starting Her Own Home
- 18:54 – Laziness Begets Laziness
- 21:07 – Typical Cleaning Routine
- 22:51 – How to Include Kids in Routine
- 25:39 – How to Fight the Temptation to Not Takeover for Kids
- 30:12 – Favorite Cleaning Supplies
- 34:14 – Tip on Where to Begin for All the Struggling Mamas
- 37:58 – Keeping Laundry Under Control
- 42:11 – Three Main Takeaways
Links from the Episode
Clean + Simple Course by Liz
Liz is now offering a cleaning course for moms:
“Join me, a mama of four, as I share how I manage my home and train my kiddos to help me in the process. I will share step-by-step videos of how I teach my kids to help in the home as well as put some helpful printables into your hands. This course will share some easy tips for how to manage your home and where to start.”
Get the 6 Secrets to a Simpler Mom Life
Use the code: OverAtAlicias for $10 off
- Listening To – Typology Podcast
- Working On – Consistency with teens picking up after themselves
- Reading – Body Love by Kelly LeVeque
- Reading – The Long Line of Godly Men by Steven Lawson
- Listening To – The Hunts Album
- Planning – Spring Cut Flower Garden