Even though 2020 was the year of never leaving your house, which should have left plenty of time to read, I didn’t hit my reading goal of 36 books–darn it! But I did get to 31 and there were many good ones!
I love setting a reading goal for the year and making a list of what I want to read in the coming year. Here are the books on my reading list for 2021.
Books We Read Aloud
For read aloud books, we do a mix of audio and regular books. The audio versions, we listen to while we drive typically and then I read aloud during our morning meeting as well.
Learning Well LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links from Amazon or other programs are used on this website. For more info, please refer to our disclosure statement.
Non-Fiction Book List for 2020
I use multiple modes and methods to make sure I’m reading a lot through the week.
Get the 6 Secrets to a Simpler Mom Life
- I like to listen to audiobooks, but not non-fiction. With non-fiction, I need to be able to mark, highlight and reread portions.
- Audiobooks are typically easy reads, biographies, etc. I listen as I fold laundry or make dinner.
- I am usually too sleepy at night to read non-fiction and good, fictional novels help me sleep! So, non-fiction in the mornings with coffee and fiction for 60-30 minutes before bed.
Here are the non-fiction titles I read in 2020. I starred the ones I loved and own.
Fiction Novels Read
I have a brain that does. not. shut. off. You too? That’s why I can’t read non-fictional books at night. So I save the more fluffy books for before bed and read for 60-30 minutes and it helps me wind down from the day.
I love historical fiction and thriller/mystery. I starred the titles I highly recommend or like so much, I own!
******* The Book Thief– One of my favorite books ever and I read it about every other year.
** Big Summer— really fun summer read
** Cilka’s Journey– A sequel to the Tattooist of Auschwitz. The first one is better but this is still good.
More Book Lists
- Here is a list of new books from 2019 that I was excited to read. Looking over the list, I didn’t read many of them 😉
- A podcast with my friend Liz on how she manages to read a ton and books we loved from that year.
- 36 of the best children’s books made into movies
- An old book list from 2017