I love talking books with friends. Sharing book reviews is one of my favorite things to do. There’s nothing like sitting down with a friend, a coffee, and talking books!
Last year was a great reading year for me. I’m sure your home is a super busy place, just like mine. But even though it’s busy, we can still make time to read a ton!
Wouldn’t it be fun to tune in to a pair of friends chatting about their favorite (and LEAST favorite) books from the year? Well, I would love for you to join me on the podcast this week and listen in as my friend Liz and I share our brutally honest book reviews!
Learning Well LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links from Amazon or other programs are used on this website. For more info, please refer to our disclosure statement.
Listen in here!
Timestamps for Episode 18:
- 6:22 – What style of books are you reading most?
- 13:28 – Favorite Books of 2018
- 33:50 – Least Favorite Books of 2018
- 44:30 –Favorite Read Aloud with Kids
- 48:01 – Tips on How to Read More as a Busy Mom
- 52:54 –Reading goals for 2019
- 54:38 –Current Reads
Book Reviews and Book Mentions from this episode:
- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life by Barabra
Kingsolver ATale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- All-of-a-Kind Family by Sydney Taylor
- Beezus and Ramona by Beverly Cleary
- Body Love by Kelly LeVeque
- Cannery Row by John Steinbeck
- Cat Stories by James Herriot
- Devoted by Tim Challies
- Educated by Tara Westover
- Girl Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
- I’ll be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara
- Notes from a Blue Bike by Tsh Oxenreider
- Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman
- The Book of Speculation by Erika Swyler
- The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware
- The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine
- The Road Back to You by Ian Morgan Cron & Suzanne Stabile
- The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur
- The Wisdom of the Enneagram by Don Richard Riso
- Trumpet of the Swan by E. B. White
Liz’s Currently List
Alicia’s Currently List
About:Planning trip to Germany & Austria
- Working On: More Exercise
- Enjoying: House Plants
How to Find Liz
You Also Might Like:
- Alicia’s Reading list from 2018: All the Books AND Book Reviews
- 95 Awesome Biographies for Kids
- 36 Favorite Read Alouds For Families
- 32 of the Best Books-Turned-Movies
Listen to All the Podcast Here:
Get the 6 Secrets to a Simpler Mom Life