This is a small room and I really wanted to open it up as much as I could. We used one existing bookshelf and added two the same size from IKEA to house all of our books. We also rearranging everything and took lots of stuff out to use in different areas of the house.
Note the stripped down steps to the left–another project that is almost complete. More to come on those beauties soon.
I am really pleased with the desk area. I knew I wanted a nice, deep counter space that I could also use for my own projects and sewing–eventually, that is if I ever craft or sew ever again. We just bought some stock upper cabinets that were unfinished and painted them white. They’re about $45 each, which made this a pretty cheap desk. For the counter, we used white shelving. It works really well and we’ve used this before in other projects.
There’s still a little bit to fluff in here–add a little art, add handles to the cabinets, putting on new outlet and light switch covers, etc. But this space has improved so much over these last hectic weeks. I’m feeling much better about the upcoming school year and I can finally feel really good about ordering curriculum and planning our school year.