The fall season here in Minnesota is showing off like no fall I’ve ever seen before. The setting, perfectly cued up for a spectacular show has me completely smitten. Everyday for the past two weeks I’ve woken up, poured my coffee and peeked out on my deck at the colors showing up more and more each day. The winters here may be brutal, but fall is at least giving us a dose of euphoria before we all freeze to death.
This season has jogged my memory to a few Octobers ago. It will never cease to amaze me how strange life is. The way people change, the big moments in life that you don’t realize are big until later, the difference a year makes, two years makes. Two Octobers ago I was in a really hard place. I hurt deep. I read back through posts from back then and I just had to sit back and take it all in–how much things have changed, but how thankful I really really am for that dark time. Those periods shape us just like the good seasons and right now it feels like a season of celebrating. My four walls are actually mine, the scene outside my window is so good, and we’ve finally ditched the limbo period we were in for so long.
Learning Well LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links from Amazon or other programs are used on this website. For more info, please refer to our disclosure statement.
Get the 6 Secrets to a Simpler Mom Life
I’m leaving you with some fall favorites because, well, I’m high on fall right now. It’s got me in this contented place that leaves me feeling so grateful every single day. I’m thankful for this season I’m in, and candles help. They help a lot. Throw in some plaid and I’m doing cartwheels through a pumpkin patch in my daydreams. Check out some of my faves:
1. Plaid scarf // My favorite one ever is from my sister’s store. Can’t do fall without it.
2. New scents// Connecting scents with seasons in life is a real thing. Right now I am loving Aveda’s Chakra 1. It’s woodsy and strange and nothing like I’ve ever worn before, but I love it.
3. Perfect mug// Coffee is a staple all year long. Duh. But a sweet mug like this one makes coffee time extra special.
4. Fall candle// Fall begins with the first flick of a match to a Leaves candle by Bath and Body.
5. Pretty baking dishes// Fall just makes me want to bake. I don’t even eat what I bake, but I keep baking it anyway. The Pioneer Woman’s new dishes at walmart.com are gorgeous.
6. Autumnal nails// New season, new nails. It’s required. Something like OPI’s Lost on Lombard is perfect.
7. Natural Curiosities// The squirrels in my yard are going absolutely crazy. We need to do some crafts with all these beauties we’re finding.
8. Cozy throw// I found several vintage, plaid throws at the Junk Bonanza, but this one from Target is so cozy!
9. Good books// I just put Rosemary: The Hidden Kennedy Daughter on hold at my library. There are 431 people in line ahead of me, but when it’s my turn I’m gonna really be happy!