Recently, my family and I traveled to Europe for the first time. One thing that stood out to me so much was how environmentally conscience they all were. There were so many people walking, plastic bottles and grocery bags were nearly non-existent, and composting was just a given.
I’m trying to adapt these things in our home.
Here’s some environmentally harmful mistakes you could be making–I’m working on them too!
Learning Well LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links from Amazon or other programs are used on this website. For more info, please refer to our disclosure statement.
Are you making these Environmentally Harmful Mistakes?
Here’s how we can do better.
- Stainless Steel Compost Bin // Counter-top worthy! I really want to start composting with my kids!
- Mod Water Bottles // Plastic water bottles are so wasteful! Grab one of these for each member of the family.
- Biodegradable Paper Straws // These come in all sorts of cute styles–great for parties.
- Starbucks Reusable Travel Coffee Cups // I love my Starbucks, but I don’t love the coffee cup waste. Keep one of these in your bag at all times and they’ll make your drink in it.
- Eco-Friendly Produce Bags // Who else feels guilty when you’re filling up 6 plastic produce bags with 6 different vegetables? These are a much better option.
- Microfiber Cleaning Cloths // Less waste and better cleaning tool than paper towels.
- 6 Pack Reusable Grocery Bags // I NEED to get better at this! I always forget to bring my grocery bags into the store. These are a great option because they’re super small and light-weight–super easy to keep in your purse at all times.
- Stainless Steel Bento Box // This summer let’s make a goal for no-waste picnics with our kids. These are a great product that will last your kids forever.
- Compostable Paper Plates // Let’s be real. A paper plate can be a busy mom’s best friend. I can’t give up paper plates forever, but these aren’t coated with wax like lots of other paper plates, making them much more compostable.
- Bee’s Wrap Reusable Food Wrap // A great alternative to plastic wrap. Can be washed and used over and over.
- Fabric Bowl Covers // Just started using these–SO much better than plastic wrap!
- Wool Dryer Balls // So much better for your skin–dryer sheets are full of toxins and not so great for the environment. BONUS TIP: drop a few drops of your favorite essential oil for extra yummy laundry.
- Silicone Food Storage Bags // I use plastic baggies in my home all the time. These are a great alternative and will save you money over time.
- Sleek Metal Straw & Brush Set // Great alternative to plastic straws, especially if you don’t care for soggy paper straws.
You Might Also Be Interested In
- 24 Easter Basket Ideas That Will Inspire Outdoor Imaginations
- Clear The Clutter
- One Year: A Peter Rabbit Party
- Gifts For Young Nature Lovers
Get the 6 Secrets to a Simpler Mom Life