Today I am so excited to share with you about a company we love in our house, KiwiCo! I get questions all the time about fun activities to get kids off screens and into doing something more productive, so this KiwiCo review will help you gain more info about one company that is great at keeping kids busy and creative.
In this post, you will find out what KiwiCo products are all about, some benefits for using their products in your homeschool, and how we use them in our home. Enjoy this KiwiCo review!
I received compensation and KiwiCo crates in exchange for an honest review. As always, all opinions are my own.
Learning Well LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links from Amazon or other programs are used on this website. For more info, please refer to our disclosure statement.
WHAT ARE KIWICO PRODUCTS?
We have been subscribers to KiwiCo for a long time. I have used these products with teens all the way down to a kindergartner. But what is KiwiCo and what are they all about?
KiwiCo has monthly crates that come to your door full of cool projects, experiments, and more–all designed to expose kids to concepts in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math). They are all about hands on, getting messy, and creativity–which I absolutely love.
Get the 6 Secrets to a Simpler Mom Life
Too much these days we feel like we have to entertain our kids through a screen. Not so! This may be what the rest of culture is doing but we can provide rich, engaging supplies like KiwiCo boxes for our kids to grab, open, and spend hours learning through play.
KiwiCo offers 9 different product lines (more about those in a minute), so no matter what your child’s interests are, there is a line your child will love. Each month, the new box is full of activities that have been curated around a specific theme–Japan! Color-Changing Food! The Human Body! Soap Making!
Each box arrives full of everything you need to create the projects or experiments, an educational magazine, extra ideas for kids to do beyond the crate, and more.
KIWICO OFFERS SUBSCRIPTIONS FOR KIDS OF ALL AGES:
Here are all the offerings for KiwiCo. It has grown so much over the years since we began ordering from KiwiCo! I have noted the crates that we have tried in our house.
- Panda Crate (ages 0-24 months)
- Koala Crate (ages 2-4)
- Kiwi Crate (ages 5-8): Vera did this one for years and loved it! Perfect for this age as they’re starting to read and explore so much!
- Atlas Crate (ages 6-11): This one is new to us and we were happy to try it out for this review. We love studying different cultures and countries.
- Yummy Crate (ages 6-11): Another new one to us! It’s always fun to create and experiment in the kitchen!
- Doodle Crate (ages 9-13): This has been maybe our favorite crate ever. My daughter has done so many amazing projects with this crate: dying fabric, soap-making, paper-making, and tons more.
- Tinker Crate (ages 9-13): Another that we have used for years. The projects in these crates are amazing!
- Eureka Crate (ages 14-104): We have tried this one several times too. Perfect for the older kids in your home!
- Maker Crate (ages 14-104)
QUICK FACTS ABOUT KIWICO:
- You choose the crate you want and your child will receive one per month.
- Each box comes with the tools, materials, and inspiration to explore that month’s project and theme.
- If your child’s interests change, you can easily switch from one line to another and change it up.
- Pricing starts as low as $18.50/month.
- Shipping is free to US
- SPECIAL OFFER: Click Here for 30% off your first month!
BENEFITS OF USING KIWICO. IN YOUR HOMESCHOOL
Because the KiwiCo boxes are chock full of educational, hands-on, creative projects, there is no lack of learning that goes on when you open a box. But how can these crates benefit the homeschool? Here are a few ways…
- If you’d like to really enhance and enrich the learning experience with your kids, I always like to add hands-on projects. Some of us don’t love putting those projects together on our own. We can all use some help here and there! Stash KiwiCo crates away from upcoming unit studies where they will integrate nicely with what you’re studying.
- Sometimes a homeschool mom just needs a substitute teacher. Of course we know that’s a tricky thing to get at home 😉 SO, I like to keep things on hand that my kids can do on their own if we need to take the morning off. [Related: What To Do If You Need a Substitute]
- During breaks and time off of homeschool, I love to have things at the ready for my kids to do that are not screen-related. KiwiCo boxes are a great alternative to screens!
HOW WE USE KIWICO BOXES
We received a couple of new crates to try out for this review. One was the Yummy Crate, which was all about color-changing food–how fun! We baked muffins and tried out the ph-balance of different foods around the kitchen.
We also tried out the Atlas Crate, which helped us explore Japan. Vera made a windsock and loved learning new Japanese words. She also loved playing Daruma Otoshi–so fun! She beat me many times 😉
For us, we love to use KiwiCo boxes for enrichment! On snowy days when we can’t go outside. Or during the summer months when it’s too hot to go out. We love these boxes for afternoon play too! We will pull them out over and over as different topics come up in our homeschool as well.
For example, Vera loves the Human Body crate she received in the Kiwi line. She will often pull out the giant poster and felt body parts that she sewed together in that crate and play. That crate also came with an x-ray too, which she plays “doctor” with often. I love how KiwiCo boxes have provided so many hours of creative play for my kids!
I hope this KiwiCo review was helpful! If you think your family might like KiwiCo, click here for 30% off your first month! Happy playing!!