We recently had the dreamiest family vacation. We traveled to Germany and Austria. You can read about how we budgeted and planned too. The most unexpected thing that happened on the trip for me: the lessons learned in Europe.
I wasn’t expecting it. I was prepared to have the trip of a lifetime and see amazing things. But the life lessons? I wasn’t prepared for that.
Over our 10 days in Europe in learned a lot about myself. I realized how insanely fast my pace is and how it needs to stop. I observed a lot of behaviors from the Europeans and watched how they carried themselves, how they parented their kids, how the ate their meals even!
Learning Well LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links from Amazon or other programs are used on this website. For more info, please refer to our disclosure statement.
(I’m a big people watcher.)
Here’s what I learned from traveling to Europe.
Get the 6 Secrets to a Simpler Mom Life
Listen in here: the lessons I learned in Europe
Lessons Learned in Europe Show Notes + Timestamps:
1. Meals are sacred. [7:40]
2. Get rid of distractions [12:16]
3. Live more simply. [13:05]
- Home Mangement episode with Jen Pepito
- Less decision fatigue with a fall capsule wardrobe
- Less meal planning fatigue with a fall meal plan
4. Embrace the waiting. [16:40]
5. Take time for afternoon coffee. [18:40]
6. Live outdoors. [21:23]
7. Be more considerate of the earth. [23:05]
Bonus: Draw a harder line between work and life. [24:30]
Coveting: Jarrod’s pillow!!!!!!!! It’s serious the BEST! I didn’t think there would be that much difference between the cheap-o pillows I usually buy. But Jarrod had been complaining about his pillow forever, so I decided to get him a new fancy one for his birthday—oh my word! I want it so badly! Definitely on my Christmas wish list this year!
Excited for: Peaky Blinders
Enjoying: Cozying my home right now–fall is the absolute best! Get some cozy ideas HERE!
YOU ALSO MIGHT LIKE:
- Top Curriculum Picks + Plans for the New Year
- 7 Ways to Make Your New Fall Routine Easier
- 16 Things You Want for Your Homeschool
- How to Create a Fall Capsule Wardrobe You’ll Actually Love