I’m only a little embarrassed to tell you that Jarrod has come home on many occasions and found me buried under a huge heap of unfolded, clean laundry.
Transferring it from washer to dryer is not really my biggest laundry issue, but the folding part–now THAT’S the part where I get tripped up.
All of a sudden, I realize my switching-the-laundry skill has excelled, but the folding-the-laundry skills have totally failed–and I’m swamped with piles of clean laundry that’s quicky becoming wrinkled and sad.
Learning Well LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links from Amazon or other programs are used on this website. For more info, please refer to our disclosure statement.
Let’s be honest, we’ve come a long way from the washboard kind of laundry. For some reason, transferring a heap of stinky clothes from one large machine to another and then somehow getting said heap folded and put away is a huge task!
If there’s one thing we can all agree on, it’s that laundry is a never-ending chore!
Get the 6 Secrets to a Simpler Mom Life
There are many different systems and tools to make it a little less daunting, but if you’re in a rut–you need a pick-me-up! (And I do too!) So, in this episode of the Over at Alicia’s podcast, we’re talking all about the Great Laundry Debacle.
We’ll cover some very different laundry system tactics, tricks and hacks, and some tools that just might help laundry day get a little more fun.
Episode 41: The Great Laundry Debacle Timestamps
- 4:37 – Intro
- 5:45 – Alicia’s Strategy
- 13:06 – Lisa’s Strategy
- 15:40 – Tricks & Hacks
- 15:46 – Add Fun Products
- 20:33 – Dryer Ball Idea
- 21:16 – Getting Help
- 25:20 – Currently List
Laundry Tools to Make It a Bit More Fun:
- Over at Alicia’s: Kids + Chores
- Grove Collaborative
- Grove Collaborative Laundry Starter Kit
- Wool Dryer Balls
- Purify essential oil from DoTerra
Every episode of the podcast includes a Currently List, something I’m reading or enjoying or looking forward to. Basically, anything bringing me joy that week. Here’s my currently list for episode 41:
- Regretting: 1984 by George Orwell: I totally should have looked into this book more before I assigned it to my boys. The plan was to read it myself alongside them. But as I got farther into the book, I realized it was very very violent and much darker than I had thought. #momfail It became a really good conversation starter and gave us a lot to talk about, nevertheless. But I really regret asking them to read it.
- Reading: The Martian by Andy Weir
- Eating: Paleo + Intermittent Fasting
- Working On: Better Tech Breaks