I’m only a little embarrassed to tell you that Jarrod has come home on many occasions and found me buried under a huge heap of unfolded, clean laundry.
Transferring it from washer to dryer is not really my biggest laundry issue, but the folding part–now THAT’S the part where I get tripped up.
All of a sudden, I realize my switching-the-laundry skill has excelled, but the folding-the-laundry skills have totally failed–and I’m swamped with piles of clean laundry that’s quicky becoming wrinkled and sad.
Let’s be honest, we’ve come a long way from the washboard kind of laundry. For some reason, transferring a heap of stinky clothes from one large machine to another and then somehow getting said heap folded and put away is a huge task!
If there’s one thing we can all agree on, it’s that laundry is a never-ending chore!
There are many different systems and tools to make it a little less daunting, but if you’re in a rut–you need a pick-me-up! (And I do too!) So, in this episode of the Over at Alicia’s podcast, we’re talking all about the Great Laundry Debacle.
Get the 6 Secrets to a Simpler Mom Life
We’ll cover some very different laundry system tactics, tricks and hacks, and some tools that just might help laundry day get a little more fun.
Episode 41: The Great Laundry Debacle Timestamps
- 4:37 – Intro
- 5:45 – Alicia’s Strategy
- 13:06 – Lisa’s Strategy
- 15:40 – Tricks & Hacks
- 15:46 – Add Fun Products
- 20:33 – Dryer Ball Idea
- 21:16 – Getting Help
- 25:20 – Currently List
Laundry Tools to Make It a Bit More Fun:
- Over at Alicia’s: Kids + Chores
- Grove Collaborative
- Grove Collaborative Laundry Starter Kit
- Wool Dryer Balls
- Purify essential oil from DoTerra
Every episode of the podcast includes a Currently List, something I’m reading or enjoying or looking forward to. Basically, anything bringing me joy that week. Here’s my currently list for episode 41:
- Regretting: 1984 by George Orwell: I totally should have looked into this book more before I assigned it to my boys. The plan was to read it myself alongside them. But as I got farther into the book, I realized it was very very violent and much darker than I had thought. #momfail It became a really good conversation starter and gave us a lot to talk about, nevertheless. But I really regret asking them to read it.
- Reading: The Martian by Andy Weir
- Eating: Paleo + Intermittent Fasting
- Working On: Better Tech Breaks