After having a baby some things in your home obviously get pushed aside simply because there’s less time to get them done. BUT there’s a few things that I’ve been a firm believer in for years that help my home feel a little less messy and a little more orderly….
1. Clutter Clearing…everyday (it usually seems to happen in the afternoon). All the main areas; kitchen counters, the entryway and living room surfaces all get decluttered at least once a day. That’s not to say there’s no clutter anywhere else, but at least these areas are neat and tidy. I have major issues when everything starts getting all jumbled up…it doesn’t sit well with me.
2. I make my bed everyday. It takes like all of 20 seconds and looks sooo much better. Also, my bedroom is right off the main living area in my house so I’d literally be looking at an unmade bed all day…so I make it. This is essential. My kids also know to make their beds everyday too. As young as four they were doing this and I’m so happy that they do this well…now if I could teach them how to tie their shoes…..
3. Night time ritual…every night I make sure stuff is ready for the next day. I don’t spend a whole lot of time, but just look over my calendar, make the coffee so its ready to go, clear off the counters one more time if I need to, and make sure they kitchen is clean. There’s nothing worse than waking up to a mess.
4. Dishes…this is another nightly thing I guess, but I put all the dishes away before bed. Start the day out with a clean slate and a clean sink 😉
5. A daily load of laundry….almost every weekday, unless its a really super crazy day I do a load of laundry. Its not always a huge load, but even so I feel like its so much more manageable when I do a little everyday than 16 huge loads all at once.
6. My purse…unless I don’t leave the house, I declutter my bag every day. Seriously this thing gets so full of receipts, snacks, diapers, and other junk. I feel like I can find things easier when I go places and its so much easier if I just do a quick 30 second declutter everyday.
That’s my daily essential list. Everything else in my home might be total chaos, but at least I feel like I’ve kept a few things in line, which usually makes everything seem better.
What’s on your daily essential list?
Learning Well LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links from Amazon or other programs are used on this website. For more info, please refer to our disclosure statement.
Get the 6 Secrets to a Simpler Mom Life