Do your favorite cookbooks inspire you to cook more? They totally do that for me! When I’m standing in a friend’s kitchen, I usually find my eyes going to their cookbook shelf, pulling a few off and seeing what’s inside.
A great cookbook can inspire me to use different ingredients, plan better menus for my family and try new things. But we can definitely get stuck in a cooking rut. A new cookbook can get you out of it!
This post will show you over 11 of my very favorite cookbooks for myself and my kids. I’ve gone through each cookbook and shared why I love them and some of my favorite recipes from each as well!
Learning Well LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links from Amazon or other programs are used on this website. For more info, please refer to our disclosure statement.
Enjoy…and get ready to be inspired to cook!
My Favorite Cookbooks that will make you want to cook!
The first cookbook is a classic. I go this one for a wedding shower gift and It’s such a tried and true standby!
Get the 6 Secrets to a Simpler Mom Life
- best cookbook for basics
- learning about cuts of meat
- basic chocolate cake recipe
- how to cook certain cuts of meat and more
- I LOVE the pecan pie recipe in here–it’s the best!
Pioneer Woman Cook Books in order of favorite:
These cookbooks are some of my very favorites! Ree Drummond has many cookbooks and a new one coming out soon. I have yet to run across one of her recipes I didn’t like. I’ve listed the Pioneer Woman cookbooks in order of my favorites with our favorite recipes from each book.
- The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl Christmas cinnamon rolls, Sunday roast, lasagna
- The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food from My Frontier – pulled pork, iced coffee, chipotle steak salad
- The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays – Christmas menu, Easter, Fourth of July
- The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Dinnertime – favorite sections: freezer food and 16-minute meals
- The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Come and Get It! – really simple ideas – favorite sections: sheet pan dinners and lunch on the go
Eat at Home Tonight by Tiffany King Cookbook
- sections on slow cooker, if you have more time, and if you have nothing in the pantry
- My favorite sections: slow cooker and sheet pan.
- Favorite recipe: autumn chicken skillet!
Against All Grains by Danielle Walker –
- This is a paleo cookbook, but even if you don’t eat paleo, it’s such a great cookbook!
- Favorite sections: menu plans, baking recipes, snacks
- Favorite Recipes: pumpkin muffins, banana bread, trail mix granola bars
Not Your Mother’s Make-Ahead and Freeze Cookbook by Jessica Fisher – –
- Jessica blogs at Good, Cheap Eats and Life as Mom
- I love her plans on doing a freezer cooking afternoon
Magnolia Table: A Collection of Recipes for Gathering by Joanna Gaines –
- I love it because it’s gorgeous!
- So pretty to have on the counter.
- Favorite recipes: quiche, after school banana bread, poppyseed bread
Favorite Cookbooks for Kids
American Girl Cookbook Series – (partner with William Sanoma)
- Really beautiful!
- I love them because they’re written for girls, but the recipes are still really challenging and not “dumbed-down.”
- Favorites books:
- American Girl Baking
- American Girl: Breakfast and Brunch
- American Girl Holiday Baking (JUST released and I bought it for a special gift for Sophia. She loves it and it’s already filled with bookmarks!)
- American Girl: Around the World Cookbook (On Sophia’s Christmas list!)
- It’s a vegetarian cookbook, but recipes for all
- Pretty enough to use as decor
- Favorite recipe: rosemary shortbread!
- Also includes: pizza, dessert, sandwiches, and party ideas
This one is SO gorgeous! We just got it this fall, but have yet to make anything from it yet. There are excerpts from the books, which I just love!
Some Cookbooks on my Wishlist right now:
- The Pioneer Woman Cooks: The New Frontier
- The Paleo Kitchen by Juli Bauer
- The Whole30 Slow Cooker by Melissa Hartwig Urban
Episode 49: Favorite Cookbook Timestamps
- 5:22 – Cookbook Intro
- 6:32 – Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook
- 7:24 – Pioneer Woman Cookbooks
- 13:35 – Eat at Home Tonight
- 15:39 – Against All Grains
- 17:24 – Not Your Mother’s Make-Ahead and Freeze Cookbook
- 21:30 – Magnolia Table
- 22:23 – Cookbooks for Kids
- 22:48 – American Girl Cookbook Series
- 23:28 – Forest Feast for Kids
- 25:16 – Currently List
Listen in here:
- ALL of Alicia’s Gift Guides
- A Gift List for Men: By My Husband
- 10 Christmas Unique Gift Ideas for Teen Girls and Guys
- 11 of the Most Intriguing Gifts for Little History Buffs
- 11 of the Most Delightful Gifts That Will Make Your Young Reader Smile
- 24 Gift Ideas When You Have Kids Who Don’t Need a Thing
- 28 Unique Stocking Stuffers for Teen Guys
- 35 of the Most Delightful Stocking Stuffers That Will Make Your Kids Smile
- 35 of the Most Delightful Stocking Stuffers that will Make Your Kids Smile
- 36 of the Best Stocking Stuffers Your Kids & Teens Will Love
- 103 Really Unique Stocking Stuffers that will Boost Learning
- Gifts for Young Nature Lovers
- Gifts Your Gamer Will Love
- Give the Gift of Traditional Toys: 15 Top Choices
- How to Guarantee Dinner on the Table Every Night (Even if you Don’t Like Cooking)
- The Best 36 Gifts Your Teen Guy Will Love
- The Best Gifts for Your Kid Who Loves Science
Alicia’s Currently List:
Every episode of the podcast includes a Currently List, something I’m reading or enjoying or looking forward to. Basically, anything bringing me joy that week. Here’s my currently list for episode 49:
Don’t forget to head over to the Learning Well Community shop to use the coupon code: ATALICIAS for 25% off!
- Follow on Instagram my personal feed: @overatalicias
- OR the homeschool feed: @learningwell
- Leave a review on iTunes here! Thanks so much!
Thank you to our sponsor:
You Might Also Like:
- How to Easily Create a Simple Christmas Bullet Journal
- New to Jolabokaflod? How to Plan a Really Good One
- This is What you Need to Know to Beat the November Slump
- Christmas Homeschooling: A Meaningful Learning Experience (Plus a Free December Planning Page for You!)
- 70 Sensational Christmas Picture Books to Make the Best Holiday Library