We all want to make Advent a special time in our homes. We all want Christmas traditions that all our kids remember and enjoy. And of course, we all want the secret to staying sane this holiday season!
Today on the podcast, I’m kicking off a four-week series of Christmas Q+A’s and I cannot wait for it! For the first week, I’m sharing all about our Advent resources and favorite traditions in our home.
The next four weeks, I’ll be posting a new Christmas Q+A on the podcast and it’ll look like this:
- Advent and Traditions
- Christmas Gifts + Budgeting
- Christmas Homeschooling
- Christmas Food + Decor
Let’s get started talking about Advent and traditions!
Here’s the breakdown of this week’s Q+A. You’ll find the timestamp for each question as well as some points and links to look into.
1. [2:50] Favorite Advent resources?
- Unwrapping the Greatest Gift: A Family Celebration of Christmas by Ann Voskamp
- Jesus Storybook Bible
- Jesus Storybook Bible reading guide
- All Creation Waits
- Unearthing Wonder: All Creation Waits companion guide
More Advent Reading Book Ideas:
- Unwrapping the Names of Jesus // This has been on my Amazon wishlist for a while now. Looks excellent!
- Jesus Calling for Christmas // We love Jesus Calling! I’m sure this special Advent book is great too!
- God with Us: A Family Advent Celebration // This one looks so cool! We love the Jesse Tree tradition and this book will lead you through the whole month of Jesse Tree readings and ideas to make your own Jesse Tree ornaments.
- The Advent Storybook: 25 Bible Stories Showing Why Jesus Came // A new book that looks really beautiful.
- Advent Storybook // This one is just perfect for little ones! We will read this one with Vera again this year.
- Christmas is Coming!// We just got this one and it is SO cute! Every day has a simple recipe or a poem, or a fun idea to do each day in December. So fun!
2. [5:38] Favorite Christmas Day tradition?
- Delivering cinnamon rolls to neighbors! Get the recipe in this cookbook.
3. [8:33] Do you do anything special to center Christmas around Jesus?
- See the above books for Advent reading.
- Ideas of ways to give and serve this season:
- Angel Tree
- Salvation Army bell ringing
- Operation Christmas Child
- Feed my Starving Children
- See my IG highlight “Serve” for more ideas.
4. [14:49] How do you make holiday activities when you have a huge age gap between kids?
5. [17:28] BONUS: How do you stay sane during the craziness of holiday stuff?
- Make a Christmas Bullet Journal!
- Figure out ways to have a more peaceful Christmas season
- BE CHOOSY about what you say yes to!
Listen in here to hear about feeding a large family and more:
Looking to add more meaning to your Christmas season? Check out these ideas:
- 24 Gift Ideas for Kids Who Don’t Need a Thing
- How to Easily Homeschool at Christmastime and Make it Meaningful
- How to Create a Brilliant Holiday Game Plan
- 13 Wonderful Christmas Read Alouds that will Make the Best Memories