Happy February! How is your new year going, mamas? Are you hitting your goals or are you starting to burn out? February can be hard for many homeschoolers. SADD is setting in, the days are short but so long at the same time. You might just need some things to do in February to get you going. It’s a short month and there’s so many fun things to do!
Things to do in February
- Buy tulips
- Bake brownies, cut into heart shapes, sprinkle with powdered sugar
- Read Anne of Green Gables with your kids
- Make soy candles for Candlemas! (I kinda want to make candles every month though.)
- For littler kids, roll some beeswax candles
- Study poetry. We recommend studying with the Young Poets Society course!
- Learn to say “love” in five or more languages
- Make Valentines–use glitter!
- Gather some little goodies to give your kids on Valentine’s Day
- Study Saint Valentine
- Weave some paper plate hearts
- Weave pink and white place mats with your kids for your Valentine’s Day dinner table
- Reserve Lady and the Tramp movie and make spaghetti and meatballs for Valentine’s Day
- Sculpt heart-shaped candy dishes with clay
- Watch Pride and Prejudice
- Bake heart-shaped sugar cookies
- Celebrate Black History Month by reading any of these books:
Watch March On! A Scholastic Storybook Treasures video on Black History books
- Celebrate President’s Day by reading up on your kids’ favorite presidents
- Read this Abe Lincoln: The Boy Who Loved Books
- Make a log cabin from Lincoln Logs
- Create some Abe Lincoln art. We are going to do this art project.
- For mamas, take some time this month to soak in the tub. I’ve been loving Epsom salt baths lately!
- Write a love letter to yourself, mamas. Stop focusing on the negatives about yourself and write out all the good things about you! Tuck it away for days when you’re feeling blue.
- Read one book that makes you feel good every day. I’m loving a Gracious Space: Winter Edition.
- Take long walks–either alone or with your kids. Bundle up, get outside. Put it on your to do list.
- Visit a nursery with your kids. Some are getting prepped for spring, so there might not be too much to choose from. But take an hour to browse and bring home a plant or two.
- It’s Johnny Cash’s birthday this month! Listen to some of his music with your kids. If you’re an Amazon Prime member, you can stream many of his albums for free! Copy lyrics into your copywork books.
Learning Well LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links from Amazon or other programs are used on this website. For more info, please refer to our disclosure statement.
This list should get you started on overcoming the hard parts of February. Bookmark this post for hard days!
Get the 6 Secrets to a Simpler Mom Life
Happy February, friends!