It's VBS week, the boys are off to camp next week, then there's a trip back to So Dak, and a family vacation to the beach. Summer always goes too fast in my opinion, but the days are still long...if that makes any sense. How about this? The days are long and the weeks are short? Sound right?
Summer in Asheville has meant a few things:
1. Swimming...like everyday. It's been pretty nice. My house is abandoned, the bathrooms are dirty, but we all have tans and the kids crash for 11 hours straight at night, so I guess its all ok.
2. The beach. The Carolinas have beautiful beaches. I'm in love with the beach. The kids love it for the giant sandbox and all the sea creatures they find. I'm slowly working on a shadowbox/shelf/memory something or another to display some of their finds.
3. Quick and easy meals, like sandwiches and fish tacos by the pool...thank you Carissa Graham for the best fish taco recipe ever!!
4. Summer creatures. One of these nights we're going outside to catch some of those lightening bugs flying around outside. There's so many of them!! They are new to us. Also, teeny butterflies that land on your feet. Oh, and goats...tied up to houses...1/2 mile from my Target...summer in the South at it's finest. I love it!.
5. The ice cream man. This guy is so unbelievably awesome! I chased him down on my way home last week. He was at the park and I asked if he would drive through my development next...not wanting to get ice cream in my new car ;)
He's been back three times since then. All the parents are cursing me...all the kids are loving me for inviting the ice cream man to come to our neighborhood. The white outfit and hat and bow tie are about enough to do me in! I run for my kitten heels and pearls and I'm living a Norman Rockwell painting...pure summer bliss.
6. Summer projects. I decided to do just a few things for my shop this summer. I'm not taking any custom orders right now, but I did make a few things that I will be listing later this week. Here's snap of one lil thing...
Off to VBS for us. I'm corralling 3-year-olds this week. Wish me luck!!
Happy Monday to you!