Am I the only one out there that puts off projects that I don't really want to do??
The pillow had a tear on the seam and
the footstool had been bleached one too many times and it got a small tear and one day Sophie decided to make the tear bigger,
so it looked something like this....
So the other day, I just got totally sick of looking at it and I took about 45 minutes and gave my chair a little fix-up.
I started by printing an "h" onto some transfer paper.
(i'm not sure if i love the font i chose, but oh well :))
Then I ironed it onto a scrap piece of toile fabric from the previous pillowcase.
Then I made a simple pillowcase from some burlap...
which happens to be what I'm making everything out of lately!!
Sophia was helping me design it...she thought it needed a bunch of buttons. :)
I actually do like it, but I didn't want to sew a ton of buttons on at that point!
So here's the end result...
With the tear on the footstool,
I decided to do sort of a tattered, patchy look and
layer some different patches over the tear.
I used some plain cream cotton, burlap, and more scrap toile.
Around the toile patch, I hand stitched some thick thread.
Yes, I think it is.
I wonder what other projects I can do now that will take 10 minutes that have been bugging me for 10 months :)