|this post contain affiliate links...thank you for supporting this blog!|
Easy Super Bowl Ideas
We all know Super Bowl is all about the food and the commercials. Who's playing again? Oh, and maybe the half-time show. But it's mostly about the food. Here's a couple seriously simple ideas for a great spread.
- Chili Bar Everyone loves chili and there's a million ways to make it.
- Sub Sandwiches Buy some French bread and several kinds of meats and cheese. Make these up the day before and keep in the fridge. Slice right before the game.
- Chili Dogs Make your favorite chili recipe and grill some hot dogs. Set it all up party bar style so everyone can make up their dog the way they want.
- Baked Potato Bar Another super simple party bar option where everyone can make up their plates the way the prefer and you have minimal prep-work.
- Pizza Takeout I'm serious. Order some pizza and wings. Make a veggie tray and a dip. Throw some chips in a bowl and call it a party.
- Yummy dips Super Bowl isn't complete without some delicious dips. We love a good Buffalo chicken dip or a taco dip with tortilla chips.
- Football Brownies This is pretty much the simplest Super Bowl dessert ever aside from going out and buying one. Make some boxed brownies, sprinkle the top with powdered sugar, cut into squares, and with each square, cut away the corners, creating a football shape. Boom. Football brownies. You could also pipe football laces on them with white icing if you're feeling extra enthusiastic.
Super Bowl Party Extras
I don't ever go all out, but I like to do a few little things to make it seem more like a party. This year I made football cones to hold snacks that could also double as megaphones if your kids are so inclined, which if they're like mine, they probably are. Maybe I shouldn't have made these, on second thought.
Anyway, gather brown construction paper, clear tape and white athletic tape.
My athletic tape was too wide to create the "laces" so I had to cut the width in half.
Fill these fun cones up with popcorn or pretzels. For extra fanfare, add some M&M's in team colors to the popcorn! (popcorn + M&M's= my favorite!)
More Simple Super Bowl Ideas
- Pick up paper products in the teams' colors--no doing dishes for you!
- Cover your table in a green tablecloth for field grass...green felt would work too. I have also used plastic "grass" to cover the table too. You can find it in rolls at your upholstery store.
- I loved this idea of just painting two tin cans brown and adding white paint for laces.
For so many great party ideas, check out Party Bars: Creative Ideas for Easy Entertaining by Leah Nieman. This book is full to the brim with simple ideas that anyone can do. I love simple. And I love parties. Win/win.
I hope this helps inspire your own little Super Bowl party. And if not? Have a great night watching Downton. (That's probably where I'll end up...the halftime show will be over, after all.) Have a great weekend!