Happy Tuesday, friends! I just wanted to pop in quick today and let you know about an art course I am really really excited about...The Art of Fall: Mixed Media Workshop for Kids! (and their excited mamas!) A couple weeks ago, I shared with you our Art Class plans for the year, and since our theme for the month of October is paper crafting with origami anyway, I think we can tie this in really well. Ok, so let me tell you a bit about this awesome course coming next month....
(this post contains affiliate links--thank you for supporting this blog!)
- 4-week course is led via video--I'm really excited about this because my kids and I both love video led art tutorials. It's a really fun way to do art. You can see the butterfly Sophia created this summer with a video tutorial from an online art class.
- Begins October 6th, but you will have access to the private website for a full year.
- 20 amazing mixed media art projects included. That's a lot of projects! I'm sure we won't get to all of these, but since we have access for a full year, I think we can save some for next fall too...already taking care of art class for next year!
- Detailed supply lists for each week.
- Special price for the course is $36--which is a great deal when you consider the amount of projects! If you used this for your art curriculum and did one project per week, your art class could be planned for 20 weeks...that's pretty awesome. Special price for this course is $36 until September 30th, then the price will be $48.
MIXED MEDIA ART TECHNIQUES
I love the variety of techniques included because all my kids have such different styles and tastes. Noah is amazing at watercolors and Jack's sketches are gorgeous and Sophia has a great eye when we do collages--something for everyone. The techniques include:
- acrylic painting
- chalkboard art
- hand lettering
- art journaling
FALL THEMES INCLUDED IN THE ART OF FALL WORKSHOP
The Art of Fall workshop was written by a homeschool mama and she took care to include not only art projects each week, but she ties in many other fabulous lessons about fall. You will talk about:
- Monarch butterfly migration
- fall flowers
- the turning of leaves
- harvest time
- woodland critters
- fall poetry
- seasonal recipes
I am so happy I came across this e-course! We are going to have so much fun! Also, please note that this course is not just for homeschooling families! Although it is created by a homeschooling mama, these art lessons are not just for homeschoolers. Anyone can use this course and enjoy it with their kids. I can't wait for this to begin! Visit The Art of Fall page for more information and to purchase your access to the workshop. Remember the current price is $36 and will go to $48 after September 30th! Have fun creating!